Early Childhood Education Resources
- Before and After Care programs are available at all elementary schools for families needing care beyond the school day hours.
- Child Care Resource and Referral is a free service that assists families in finding early education programs that best meet their needs. Call 2-1-1 or 727-210-4211 or make an appointment, 727-400-4411. For more information visit Early Learning Coalition of Pinellas County.
- Clothes to Kids provides free, new and quality clothing to low-income or in crisis school-age children in Pinellas County. Families need a referral from the school or a Free/Reduced lunch letter. For more information visit Clothes to Kids.
- Directions for Living provides services for families in need of integrated healthcare, social support, safety and hope for the future.
- Physical Examinations and Immunizations list of locations offering free of low cost school physicals for uninsured residents
- Suncoast Center, Inc. provides services in the areas of child abuse, behavioral health, and family stability.
- Teenage Information for Pregnant and Parenting Students or TIPS program is designed to provide a specialized curriculum and other services to meet the needs of students who are pregnant or students who are mothers or fathers and the children of these students.
- Florida First Start develops a home/school partnership to give young children at risk of future school failure the best possible start in life. This free early childhood home visitation program gives economically disadvantaged young children the opportunity to develop school readiness skills and also supports parents in their role as their children’s first and life-long teachers. For more information call 727-588-6459 .
- Early Learning Coalition provides Certificates of Eligibility (voucher) for the VPK program as well as other resources and services for young children.
- HIPPY is a free home-based, parent involvement, school readiness program that helps parents prepare their three, four, and five year old children for success in school and life.