Employee and Community Preschool
NEW: Apply for prekindergarten programs for the 2023-2024 school year
at reservation.pcsb.org from Nov. 28 through 5 p.m. on Dec. 14!
Prekindergarten YouTube and Facebook Live Event: "The ABCs of PreK: Enrolling in Prekindergarten For 3 and 4 Year Olds"
Early childhood education experts will explain the application process and answer your questions. Find out about Prekindergarten and VPK opportunities at 5:30 p.m. on Monday, Nov. 28:
YouTube Link: https://youtu.be/y72MlyUKcrE
Facebook Link: https://fb.me/e/22fXDCjAw
The Community Preschool Program
This unique program is for children ages 3-5. Children are provided a high quality learning environment with qualified preschool staff. The curriculum is based on the Florida Early Learning and Developmental Standards and includes activities in language, science, social studies, literacy, math, health and safety, art and music. Opportunities for socialization and physical development are provided through circle time, choice time, creative dramatics and playground activities.
The Community Preschool programs are located on a high school campus with preschool facilities. High school students enrolled in the early childhood program also study and work in the preschool classroom under the supervision of the Family and Consumer Science Early Childhood teacher. This partnership allows the high school students to apply their learning in the classroom and graduate with the credentials required by the state to enter the early childhood workforce. It also provides extra hands, extra activities, and extra help for the preschool students!
Info for 2023-2024
New: All full-time PCS employees will receive a discount for their children at our Employee and Community Preschools!
PreK3: $125 Community Rate; $65 Full-Time Employee Rate
VPK: $100 Community Rate; $65 Full-Time Employee RateFull-day programs are offered at Countryside High School and Largo High School.
- Hours are 6:45 a.m. – 5:45 p.m., Monday through Friday
- Days of operation follow the regular school calendar including preschool, post school, and professional education days (except District Wide Training).
PreK 3 (Children who will be 3 years old on or before Sept. 1 of the school year)
- Non-refundable registration fee of $125; $65 for PCS full-time employees (covers the last week's tuition)
- Weekly tuition - $125 for community; $65 for PCS full-time employees
- Priority registration for children of employees
VPK (Children who will be 4 years old on or before Sept. 1 of the school year)
- Non-refundable registration fee of $100 for community; $65 for PCS full-time employees (covers the last week's tuition)
- Weekly Tuition - $100 for community; $65 for PCS full-time employees
- Week of Aug. 1 - $100
- Week of Aug. 8 - $100
- If beginning Aug. 10 (first day of VPK) $100 per week
For information on the Countryside Little Cougars program, please call (727)724-1427.
For information on the Largo Little Packers program, please call (727) 588-3758.
A program is offered at Tarpon Springs High School.
For information on the Tarpon Little Spongers, please call (727) 943-4900 ext. 2307
- Children must be 3 years old by date of entry and potty-trained
- Hours are 7:30 a.m. - 1:30 p.m., Monday-Friday
- Days of operation:
- Second week of September through the second week of December
- Last week of January through the second week of May
- Closed on regular school holidays and high school testing days