Field Trip and Truck Request
Terms and Conditions for Requesting a Field Trip Bus from Pinellas County Schools
Please have the following information ready prior to requesting your trip in the Travel Tracker website:
- Date of trip
- Time of trip (10:15am-1pm or after 5pm)
- Exact trip location
- Correct funding information
- Number of students and chaperones attending
- 10-Day lead time to enter trip in system.
- NO out of county trips on school days.
- NO trips on non-school days or holidays.
- Customer is responsible for locating bus parking and paying fees.
- Driver paid tolls or charged by plate tolls will be charged to the customer.
- Customer will provide student roster to the driver.
- Only 65 passenger buses are available.
Field Trips start date for 2022-2023 school year: Aug. 22, 2022 - End date: May 12, 2023
Summer field trips: TBD
Rate: Mile rate $1.75 + Hourly rate $34.50 (as of 8/1/22)
All fees are PER Vehicle (Vehicle or Warehouse Truck) and estimates for mile/hours may vary from actual mileage/hours due to traffic patterns, accidents, multiple destinations, etc.
Regular School Days:
All vehicles - 2.5 hours ($86.25/vehicle) = 2 hour Minimum + ½ hour vehicle prep fee + Actual round-trip mileage
Evenings and Weekends:
All vehicles - 5 hours ($172.50/vehicle) = 4 hour minimum + 1 hour vehicle prep fee + Actual round trip mileage
Cancellations: No charge if cancelled 24 hours prior to trip. Minimum charge (hourly minimum + prep fee) will apply if cancelled at site.
Summer exception during the 4-day work week. Monday cancels must be received on the THURSDAY prior to the Monday trip.
- Billing/Financial questions: Facilities and Operations, Invoices & Estimates: Pam Van Durme 727-547-7108 email@example.com
- Vehicle Use Agreement Contracts for Non-school-based customers: Pam Van Durme 727-547-7108 firstname.lastname@example.org or Joe Maceda 727-547-7143 Macedaj@pcsb.org
- Trip scheduling changes/cancellations: Transportation Field Trip Clerk: Shannon Hunter 727-638-3383 email@example.com (all changes and cancellations must be sent by email)
- Less than 10 day requests -Transportation Department Director: T. Mark Hagewood Hagewoodt@pcsb.org
- Route scheduling set up and cost information: Crystal Brogdon firstname.lastname@example.org
Equipment needed on a bus for a field trip:
- Harnesses, star seats, etc must be ordered in advance by contacting Nancy Fry at email@example.com
After hours contact numbers:
Until 6:00PM - Dispatch: 727-547-7173
After 6:00PM - Schools Police: 727-547-7221
Trucks needed during the school day must be ordered using M328 in Terms. Trucks needed for evening and weekends will have to be notated in Travel Tracker.
Warehouse Department: Hank Porter 727- 547-7129 firstname.lastname@example.org
After hours contact numbers - After 3:30: Joe Zihala 727- 638-2699 email@example.com
Invoices and Payments
- You will receive an email when your invoice is ready to view in Travel Tracker.
- Payments are due within 30 days from invoice date. Delinquent payments may result in discontinuance of service.
- Checks are to be made payable to “Pinellas County School Board”
- Send checks to the following address:
Pinellas County Schools Facilities and Operations Department
Walter Pownall Service Center
11111 S. Belcher Rd. Largo, Fl 33773
Attn: Pam VanDurme
PLEASE DO NOT SEND CHECKS to the accounting department at the administration building.