GED Test Registration
To register for the GED Exam go to the GED Testing Service website at:
The GED computer-based test fees are below. You will need a major credit card or debit card to pay your fees online.
- Full Battery (all 4 sub-tests) $128.00
- Individual sub-tests $32.00
You will need your valid government issued ID (driver's license, passport, Florida ID card) email address, social security number and credit/debit card to register.
Request a copy of your transcript/diploma here:A Florida resident, 18 years of age or older, may earn a high school diploma by passing the General Education Development (GED)© test. A GED© readiness assessment and counseling are available at all registration centers. The test covers four areas: Reasoning Through Language Arts, Social Studies, Science and Math.
GED Underage Waiver Policy
Students aged 16 and 17 who wish to sit for the GED Examination:
1. Must not be enrolled or required to be enrolled in secondary education.
2. Must be a resident of Pinellas County with a government issued ID listing a Pinellas address.
3. Must enroll in GED Preparation classes at an approved PCS Adult Education location*
4. Must meet attendance and academic remediation requirements while enrolled.
5. Request School of Record/Official Proctor to submit class completion documentation to District Official.
6. Request District Designee to authorize FDOE to waive the age requirement of 18.
*Procedure to petition class enrollment and remediation requirements
(Candidate must meet requirements 1,2 5 and 6 above, and all requirements below)
a) Legal Guardian must complete the “Petition to Waive Class Enrollment for GED Waiver” form and submit to
b) Candidate must Pre-purchase GED Ready Vouchers for all 4 subjects through GED.com
c) Candidate must contact Adult Education Office to secure an approved proctored testing appointment.
d) Candidate must complete registration steps at time of appointment to include test proctoring fee,
identification requirements and agreement to share results with Pinellas County Schools.
e) Candidate must pass all 4 GED Ready subject area tests with a score of 145 or higher on each.
f) GED Ready scores are valid for one calendar year.
Questions may be directed to Victoria Saenz, GED Coordinator, at 727-588-6321 or SAENZVI@pcsb.org
Appeal Process: Should a waiver be denied, an appeal may be submitted within 10 business days in writing to Margaret Paynter, District Managing Officer, at firstname.lastname@example.org.