Si desea traducir esta página web, por favor haga clic en “Translate” en la parte superior de la página y un clic en la flecha para seleccionar “Spanish”
To register for kindergarten for the 2020-21 school year, children must:
- Be 5 years old on or before Sept.1, 2020
- Be able to show proof of residency (Two forms of documentation with home address)
- Have a Florida Certificate of Immunization (shots record)
- Have a physical examination certificate
- You can register your child at your zoned PCS elementary school
STEP 1- Find Your School Zone
Use the School Zone Locator to find your child’s zoned school, or call Student Assignment, (727) 588-6210. All incoming kindergarteners will be assigned to their zoned school.
STEP 2 - Reserve a Seat
Call the Student Assignment Office (727-588-6210) to obtain a User ID and Password (if you don’t already have one for another child in your family). You’ll need a government-issued photo ID to do so. To reserve a seat, log onto the Student Reservation System (SRS). You may use any computer to reserve a seat.
STEP 3 - Complete Registration at Your Child’s Zoned School
Visit your child’s assigned school and deliver the required documents: Birth certificate or other proof of identity/age, proof of residency, Florida Certificate of Immunization and a physical examination certificate obtained within the last 12 months. Child’s Social Security number is optional.
Many elementary schools are closed during the summer months. Please register your child for kindergarten by May 29, 2020 before schools close.
- Special Assignment Request (SAR), April 1-15, 2020: This process is for parents who would like to request a school other than their child’s zoned school for 2020-21 that is not a magnet or fundamental school. In order to participate, incoming kindergartners must complete the registration process and be enrolled at the zoned school, not just reserve a seat. All Special Assignment Requests will be granted on a space-available basis.
- Students must be 5 years old on or before Sept. 1, 2020, to attend kindergarten.
- Current Pinellas County Schools VPK students may or may not attend kindergarten at their current school site. It depends if the current site is their zoned school. VPK students must register for kindergarten.
- The Florida Department of Health in Pinellas County offers free immunizations for children.
Get Kindergarten ReadyLet Pinellas County Schools help your child transition into kindergarten. Here are some steps you can take to gear up for this milestone.
Explore this child development checklist with milestones for 4 year olds and tips for parents. Check out the Countdown to Kindergarten activity sheet to help your child get kindergarten ready.Kindergarten-Ready flyer:
Discover what your child will learn in kindergarten
For more information about registration, contact the Office of Student Assignment at (727) 588-6210.
Si usted habla español, por favor haga clic en el botón “Select Language” en la parte inferior de la pantalla y seleccione "Spanish."