Hiring Bus Drivers
Interested in becoming a Pinellas County Schools bus driver?IMPORTANT: Please read before starting.You do not need a CDL license to apply.You must have 5 years driving experience -see below for CDL-permit details.Things you'll need to complete the school bus driver application:
If you need help with any of these, please refer to the application assistance page.
- Drivers license number (we verify 5 Year Safe Driving within FL).
- If you do not have 5 consecutive years with FL DMV, you will need to provide your driving record from your previous state of residence, you can access our DMV help page.
- References that will respond via email.
AFTER YOU APPLY - STUDY FOR YOUR CDL PERMIT
- PLEASE USE THE CHECK MARK ON THE LEFT-HAND SIDE TO ASSIST YOU WITH THE FULL COMPLETION OF YOUR APPLICATION.
- "VIEW/APPLY" under job "BUS DRIVER" to apply. YOU WILL NOT HAVE APPLIED WITHOUT THESE STEPS.
- YOU WILL RECEIVE AN EMAIL VERIFICATION FROM "SEARCH SOFT" WHEN YOU APPLY.
Understanding our Hiring Process:
Below are some step-by-step practice tests to prepare you for your permit:Visit your local DMV/Tax Collector office and test for a CDL Class B with Passenger and Student endorsements.If you fail, there is a $10.00 reloading fee and an additional fee of $6.25 to retake the test.If you have NOT had a State of Florida driver's license for at least five years, please contact the Department of Motor Vehicles in your previous state of residence and request a lifetime history report.You must be able to pass a Department of Transportation (DOT) physical which is federally regulated.Anyone with sleep apnea* or who is insulin-dependent by way of injection is denied medical clearance through the Department of Education (DOE) regulations.Questions:
* Contact Mary Lombardi727-547-7100 x 4558* Contact Gina Zedonek727-547-7100 x 4620