Hiring Bus Drivers
Interested in becoming a Pinellas County Schools bus driver?
- $19.79 per hour
- Health Benefits and Retirement Plan
- Nights, Weekends, and Holidays OFF!
- Summers OFF!
- Paid training
- Sign-on bonus of $1,000 ($500 upon completion/passing CDL requirements and $500 after completion of the first school year)
You do not need a CDL license to apply.
Requirements before applying
- Please review our requirements page.
- Carefully review our hiring guidelines.
- You must have 5 years of driving experience.
- Drivers license number (we verify 5 year Safe Driving)
- If you do not have 5 consecutive years with FL DMV, you will need to provide your driving record from your previous state of residence. You can access our DMV help page.
Working on the application
- PLEASE USE THE CIRCLE WITH THE CHECK MARK TOP LEFT TO MAKE SURE ALL REQUIREMENTS HAVE BEEN MET.
- Make sure you include 2 references in the application (see details).
- Please include English and other languages you speak in the Multilingual Abilities Section.
- Make sure to upload a document (resume, driver's license, blank document) to the Attachment Section.
- "When your application is completed, click on the jobs tab, click on all jobs, and apply for the bus driver position. YOU WILL NOT HAVE APPLIED WITHOUT THESE STEPS.
- You will receive an email verification from "Applicant Tracking System" when you have successfully applied.
Please review our Before you start page for CDL Permit details.
For the next steps, please review our step by step hiring process.