Creating Salary Keys
The Work Number® is a fast and secure way to provide proof of your employment or income—a necessary step in many of today’s life events involving credit, financing, or securing of benefits or services. The Work Number simplifies the verification process and accelerates credit decisions through an online system available to verifiers 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. The purpose of this document is to provide you with steps in order to generate a Salary Key, a single-use, six-digit code that you can provide to a verifier as consent to access your income
Note – In most cases, your consent is provided at the point of application for a service—when you sign
a loan application or similar agreement—and a Salary Key is not required, but if you are asked to provide one from the verifier, the below instructions will show you how.
Active or Current Pinellas County Schools' Employees
Terminated or Former Pinellas County Schools' Employees
Please visit the following Website and follow the instructions listed below: www.theworknumber.com
1. Select the “Log In” button located at the center of the page.
2. Enter Employer Code: 18019
3. If this is your first time logging into your The Work Number account, please select the "Click here to register" link
4. When prompted to enter your name, address, telephone number, and email please enter the last known information that Pinellas County Schools' has on file for you. If you do not recall this information please feel free to contact Personnel Records for assistance at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Creating and managing Salary Keys
1. Click “Prove Income to Verifiers”
2. Click “Create Salary Key”
3. Click “New Salary Key”
4. The new salary key can be printed or emailed with instructions for the verifier on how to use it through The Work Number. Or the salary key itself can be provided to the verifier along with your employer name or code and your social security number.
Note – At any point, select the “Salary Key Activity” link to view the status (used, unused, or expired) of keys you have created.
For questions or more information please contact: The Work Number Client Service Center: 800-996-7566, option 1, then option 3; TTY–hearing impaired: 800.424.0253, Monday – Friday; 7a.m. – 8p.m. (CT)
TheWork Number is a registered trademark of TALX Corporation, a wholly owned subsidiary of Equifax Inc. Copyright ©2016, Equifax Inc., Atlanta, Georgia. All rights reserved. 01/18/2016