These are guidelines.
Do not ignore signs, but do not assume drug use based on one criterion.
• Drop in school attendance or academic performance
• Change in friends
• Lack of interest in personal appearance
• Tardiness or skipping class
• Frequent absences
• Frequent behavior problems
• Uncharacteristic withdrawal form family, friends and interests
• Unaccounted for cash
• History of arrest or crime in community
• Unusual or persistent hostility and lack of cooperativeness
• Physical changes (persistent runny nose, red eyes, coughing, wheezing, bruises, needle marks)
• Socializes with drug users
• Odor from drugs