Mentor Coffee Hour Awards
Pinellas County School is appreciative of all our mentors who donate their time and energy to make a lasting impact on the lives of our students. Pinellas County has more than 2500 active mentors who meet regularly and support more than 3500 students in our district. To recognize the work and appreciation of mentors, the office of Strategic Partnerships created an Annual Outstanding Mentor Awards to showcase top mentors and programs.
Pinellas County Schools partnered with the Pinellas Education Foundation for a Coffee Hour event on Jan 19, 2023 to announce and recognize the winners. The event took place during the recognition of National Mentoring Month.
The Coffee Hour program included words of congratulations from Superintendent Kevin Hendrick and School Board member Carol Cook. The district’s volunteer program is managed by the Office of Strategic Partnerships. Congratulations to the award winners:
- Take Stock In Children Mentor of the Year: Claire Cousins
- Lunch Pals Mentor of the Year: Mark Weinkrantz
- Most Active Mentor: Bill Schmidling
- Elementary School Mentor/Program of the Year: Bobby Coston Jr., Maximo Elementary School - 5000 Role Models
- Middle School Mentor/Program of the Year: Jeanene Andrews, Clearwater Fundamental Middle School - Students Targeted for Educational Performance (S.T.E.P.)
- High School Mentor/Program of the Year: Jessica Koontz, Boca Ciega High School -Girlfriends