Pinellas County Schools is appreciative of our mentors who donate their time and energy to make a lasting impact on the lives of our students. PCS has more than 1300 active mentors who meet regularly and support more than 2500 students in our district. To recognize the work of our mentors, the Office of Strategic Partnerships created the annual Mentor Awards Breakfast to honor our top mentors and group mentoring programs.
Pinellas County Schools partnered with the Pinellas Education Foundation for a breakfast celebration on Jan 30, 2024, to recognize the honorees.
The awards ceremony featured words of encouragement from Superintendent Kevin Hendrick and Pinellas Education Foundation CEO Kim Jowell.
Congratulations to the award winners:
- Take Stock In Children Mentor of the Year: Jack Fletcher
- Lunch Pals Elementary Mentor of the Year: Christine Collinson
- Lunch Pals Middle School Mentor of the Year: Sandra Huff
- Most Active Lunch Pals Mentor: Rebecca Caroll
- Elementary School Mentor/Program of the Year: Todd Haraminac, Rawlings Elementary-5000 Role Models
- Middle School Mentor/Program of the Year: Jasmine Henderson, Seminole Middle, Girlfriends
- High School Mentor/Program of the Year: Garius Goshay and Darryl Simmons, Largo High, 5000 Role Models
Pictured: Superintendent Kevin Hendrick, Christine Collinson, Garius Goshay, CEO Kim Jowell, Jasmine Henderson, Todd Haraminac, Jack Fletcher, Sandra Huff, Darryl Simmons, School Board Member Eilene Long.