Home Education & Private School Students
Gifted Nomination Process for New Private and/or Homeschooled Students
- The gifted liaison will review your child’s information. If your child has current standardized testing results or an intellectual evaluation, please send this information to the gifted office along with your Gifted Nomination Form (in Spanish).
- Students who have not had any prior intellectual evaluation will need to be screened. The gifted liaison will contact you to schedule a screening.
- Students who meet screening criteria will be referred for an intellectual evaluation by a school psychologist. During the school year, a school psychologist will contact work with your child's school to schedule the evaluation. During the summer, a school psychologists will contact you to schedule and evaluation.
- You will be asked to complete several documents including a Characteristics of Gifted Checklist and a Parent Questionnaire.
- Once the evaluation is completed, the gifted liaison will prepare your child’s file for review by a district team who will meet to determine eligibility based on state criteria. You will be notified of the eligibility determination by letter.
Co-enrollment Process for Gifted Program Services for Private School Students
Co-enrollment for gifted services is an option if your child attends a private school. Interested parties should contact:
Melissa Arof – Gifted Education Liaison for Private / Home Education students.
Phone: 727-588-6046 Emaiil: ArofM@pcsb.org