The mission of the Advanced Studies and Academic Excellence department is to provide all
students with access to rigorous courses that lead to post-secondary success.
Students who challenge themselves by taking the most rigorous courses offered in middle and high school are:
The rigorous coursework options available to all students include:
- More competitive in university admissions and scholarship opportunities.
- Eligible for a wider variety of scholarship opportunities.
- Significantly more likely to earn a post-secondary degree.
*this type of course and/or program has eligibility criteria
- Advancement Via Individual Determination (AVID)
- Middle School Advanced classes
- High School Honors classes
- Advanced Placement (AP) classes, including the AP Capstone Diploma option
- *Advanced Diploma Programs (International Baccalaureate (IB) and Cambridge (AICE) Programs)
- *Executive Internship Program (EIP)
- *Dual Enrollment programs (Part Time Dual Enrollment, Early College Program, and Early Admission)
We invite you to read the information in this site and contact us at (727) 588-6466 with follow-up questions about any of our advanced academic programs.