Mildred Helms Elementary-New Construction and Renovation
Updated on 8/23/21
Architect: Rowe Architects
PCSB Project Coordinator: John Cooley
Project Budget: 5.6 Million
Start Date: November 2021
The project includes new construction and renovation of the existing Mildred Helms Elementary campus. The project’s goal is to construct a new cafeteria building that will also hold a music/band room and a PE teachers office. A new parking area and parent loop will be added at the south-west of the property and a new covered play court will be added to the north-west. An extensive renovation the existing cafeteria will convert the space into three science classrooms while demolishing the kitchen area.
Demolition will include:
- Demolition of Building 5 to include all walls and finishes in rooms 002-002j and 003. Infill existing openings to room 001 and match to adjacent exterior finish.
- Demolition of interior finishes in Building 5 rooms 001-001c to also include removing the stage
New Construction will include:
- New Parking lot and parent loop at the south-west of the site
- New cafeteria building at 15,630 sqft.
- Multipurpose room with stage
- Receiving and storage
- Faculty Dining
- Music/Band room
- PE teacher's office
- New covered play court
Renovations and Remodeling to include:
- Renovate existing Building 5 into 3 science classrooms
- New ceilings, lights, flooring, casework
Project status:Partial GMP going to the Board on 9/14 for long lead item procurementIn development of Final GMP.