Clearwater High School - Major Renovations
Updated on 9/20/21
Architect: Hepner Architects, Inc.
Contractor: Je Dunn Construction Group, Inc.
CM Project Website: https://www.clearwaterhs.jedunnbuilds.com
PCSB Project Coordinator: Mike Parkinson
Project Budget: $57.5 Million
Construction Start Date: March 2021
Completion: Sept 2023
The Project will include new construction, renovation, and remodeling of the existing Clearwater High School Campus. The new site plan will include a beautification element along the street edge of Gulf to Bay which the City of Clearwater will be included in the design development. There will also be a minimum of 25 portables that will be needed to house students during construction.
Demolition will include
Buildings 2, 3, 5-17, 22, 32, 34, and 35
New Construction will include:
- Administration suite w/ multi-use collaborative space
- Central Energy Plant
- Media Center
- Science classrooms
- General classroom learning suites
- Entrance to the football stadium along with new synthetic turf field and track
- Parking lot layout in the front of the campus and a new location for the driver’s ed course
- ESE classrooms
Renovations and Remodeling to include:
- Campus to receive new interior and exterior paint throughout for all painted elements.
- Building 4 is to receive minor renovation work to include new interior and exterior paint throughout, new ceilings and lights, and new flooring in the gymnasium lobby.
- Building 18 is to receive a total remodel which would include but not limited to new ceiling, lights, flooring, paint, windows, and new HVAC. Building 18 will house the ROTC, Aerospace program, Woodshop, and additional classroom space.
- Building 19 is to receive a total remodel which would include but not limited to new ceilings lights, flooring, paint, and new HVAC. Building 19 will house the Adult Education program and will have flex space for high school testing lab(s).
- Building 24 is to receive minor renovation work to include new interior and exterior paint throughout, new ceilings and lights, and new flooring. The building’s HVAC system is also to be evaluated for life expectancy.
- Building 25 is to receive minor renovation work to include new interior and exterior paint throughout, new ceilings and lights, and new flooring. The building’s HVAC system is also to be evaluated for life expectancy.
Week of 9/17/21
• Exterior framing Install, 2nd level storefront window install
• MEP install ongoing
• Roofing installation commenced
• Formed and poured footings
• Decking and steel install, duct work install
• Completed setting joists
• Ongoing East chilled water pipe install
• Louvers installed
• Termite treatment for SOG and completed SOG poured