Disability Insurance (Income Protection)Disability insurance plans help you when you can't work for weeks or months due to an illness, injury, or pregnancy-related condition.
- You do not need to use your personal or vacation time before filing a claim for your disability coverage. Disability benefits will be paid in addition to your sick time (monthly benefit may be reduced if Workers' Compensation is received).
- You need to miss a certain number of work days before your disability pay starts. This is called an elimination period.
- Pre-existing conditions limitations may apply.
- Frequently Asked Questions on How to File a Claim with The Standard: https://www.standard.com/eforms/15529_755556.pdf
Frequently Asked Questions about The Standard's Maternity Guidelines: https://www.standard.com/eforms/16118_755556.pdf
- Disability Plan Information