Disability Insurance (Income Protection)Disability insurance plans help you when you can't work for weeks or months due to an illness, injury, or pregnancy-related condition.
- You do not need to use your personal or vacation time before filing a claim for your short-term coverage. Short term disability benefits will be paid in addition to your sick time (monthly benefit may be reduced if Workers' Compensation is received).
- You need to miss a certain number of work days before your disability pay starts. This is called an elimination period.
- If you don't meet the waiting period but are hospitalized, you are still able to file a claim and benefits are increased when hospitalized.
- Pre-existing conditions limitations may apply.
- Disability Plan Benefits 2018
- 2018 Disability Rates
SunLife Disability Application (2018 Form)
SunLife Employee Benefits Disability Claim Form (2018 Form)
- Short Term Disability Certificate (Effective 2017 and 2018)
- Long Term Disability Certificate (Effective 2017 and 2018)
- Short Term Disability Policy (Effective 2017 and 2018)
- Long Term Disability Policy (Effective 2017 and 2018)